This custard I used as my cream filling for homemade donuts on our long weekend. It's something that I've been dying to get to do! Donuts are a kid favourite, and I have four, five including my husband ?
So on a Sunday night, I decided to make the donuts. Mind you, I started the dough earlier that day... My earlier attempt at donuts dough was a failure to say the least... I was determined my second attempt would be a win!
It most definitely was!
Raw Cacao Custard Cream
1 1/2c almond milk
1 c The Raw Cane sugarcane juice
3 Tbsp corn flour
1/2 c icing sugar
100 g dairy free butter
1 Tbsp almond milk
3 Tbsp raw cacao
1. Gently heat 1 1/2 c almond milk and 3/4 c The Raw Cane sugarcane juice on the stove. Do not boil!
2. Combine the remaining The Raw Cane sugarcane juice and corn starch in a separatebowl, and whisk together until no lumps are present.
3. Add half of warmed almond and The Raw Cane sugarcane juice mixture to the corn flour paste. Whisk thoroughly, enduring no lumps are present.
4. Keeping the remaining almond milk on the heat, gently pour corn flour mixture into warmer almond milk. Keep heat at low, whisk until custard becomes desired thickness.
5. Remove from heat.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk butter and milk together. Add powdered sugar and whisk well, until fluffy.
7. Add custard 2 Tbsp at a time, until all whisked together.
8. Add raw cacao powder and gently fold together using your whisk.
9. Enjoy! ?