3/4c butter substitute
2 1/2c sugarcane juice (or 1c maple syrup, 3/4c rice malt syrup, 2c coconut sugar, you can use which ever sweetener you want)
3tbsp raw cacao powder (or any cacao, I used Dutch, cause I'm Dutch ☺️)
3 flaxseed eggs (1tbsp of flaxseed to 3tbsp of water, mix well)
1 1/2c nut mylk (or soy, I used coconut)
2tbsp white vinegar
2tsp vanilla extract
3tbsp of red food colouring (I used beetroot juice)
3 3/4cunbleached flour (I used banana flour?)
2tbsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350F (160-80C)
Grease two Spring form 9" cake tins
(Don't have to use spring form, and can just do one larger cake and cut in half, I'm not good at cutting cakes like that)
2.Using a stand mixer, or hand mixer, combine the butter substitute, sugarcane juice (or sweetener of choice), salt and cacao powder and best until light and fluffy, roughly around 2 minutes
3. In a SEPARATE bowl, add the flaxseed eggs, mylk, 2Tbsp vinegar, vanilla extract and red food colouring. Whisk until well combined.
4. Alternate pouring red mixture and flour into butter mixture in small increments. Keep beating mixture and scraping down sides until all mixtures and flour is combined.
5. In a separate small bowl, place an additional 2tsp of white vinegar and baking soda. Mix together. Then fold into cake batter.
6. Pour batter into cake tins (tin) and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cake is ready if a skewer comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 mins. Once you are able to, remove from cake tin(s) and leave to cool for a further 30 mins.
8. Make vegan cream cheese icing and decorate your cake with it.
I'll post my favourite cream cheese dressing, so easy and simple. Tastes the best too...